Happy New Year, everybody! Are you looking for an achievable, worthwhile New Year’s resolution that’s easier than sticking to healthy eating and cheaper than an annual gym membership? Make it your New Year’s resolution to make a Will. It is one of the most important things you will ever do for your family.
If you’ve been meaning to make your Will for a while, or are thinking of updating your existing Will, it’s an easy task to tick off your to-do list. It will take about an hour of your time, and you will then have peace of mind that your loved ones would be looked after financially, if anything happened to you.
Below are 10 good reasons to have an up-to-date Will in place:
- To provide for your loved ones financially.
- To appoint guardians who would bring up your children, if you weren’t here.
- To choose trusted people to wind up your estate.
- To balance the needs of your second wife/husband with those of your children from your first marriage.
- To provide for your unmarried partner, who might otherwise get nothing.
- To avoid the cost and delay associated with dying without a Will.
- To establish a trust to provide for a vulnerable or disabled beneficiary.
- To disinherit a relative!
- To pass your assets down the generations tax-efficiently.
- To avoid your children inheriting large sums of money when they are only 18.
Chiltern Wills is a friendly, professional Will writing business based in Beaconsfield and run by former London solicitor Rebecca D’Arcy. We will make writing your Will easy and painless for you – call us on 01494 708688 or complete an online enquiry and we will be in touch for a free, no-obligation initial chat.